Have you noticed what happens to people’s ears when they wear masks? Now, even the finest ears are sticking out or bending over at the top.
My husband thinks the market for plastic surgery to fix outie ears will be at its peak after the corona virus scare is over.
I personally find the whole look hilarious—covered mouths and funny ears. Gotta laugh. Just loosen the straps, folks. Or, push them back a little.
Some people wear their masks on their chins, like weird Santa beards in kooky colors, but we were talking about ears, weren’t we?
God created ears, one on each side of our heads. Brilliant, really. He could have put them anywhere. After all, He’s the Great Designer. But, He balanced them, cupped them to capture sounds, and even made us stereo. How cool is that?
In Scripture, God talks about different kinds of ears, none of them post-Covid bent over. These are from the New Testament:
- Dull ears—Jesus said, For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them (Matthew 13:15).
- Deaf ears—Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember? (Mark 8:18)
- Resisting, stopped up ears—Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord (Acts 7:51, 57).
- Itching ears that believe fables instead of truth—For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables (2 Timothy 4:3-4).
- Hearing ears—But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear (Matthew 13:16).
- Healed ears—And he (Jesus) took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain (Mark 7:33, 35).
- Ears to hear Scripture—And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears (Luke 4:21).
In contrast, God’s ears are always open to His children: For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers (1 Peter 3:12a).
Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.