Today, people are transforming themselves from what they are to what they think they should be. It’s happened all through history, though now, transitioning is more accepted in mainstream societies.
As children, we used to do this through make-believe play. I’ve been a princess, a pirate, a gypsy, and more—with the help of a few costume pieces and lots of imagination.
The transitions happening today aren’t child’s play. They include, but aren’t limited to, gender dysforia. A person thinks he should be in a different body, so the medical community helps him transform his body. They use drugs, surgery, and hair removal to achieve this. It changes the person’s outside, but it will never change his DNA.
It’s a lot like me “being” a pirate when I was a child. I could act the part, look (more or less) like a mini-pirate, but the truth was I was still a small girl dressing up.
Some time ago, I watched a video of a young woman who’s convinced she’s a cat. She talks in purrs, dresses in a costume complete with tail and ears, and she scratches and meows. I’m not sure if she’s seriously delusional or if she has a deep need for attention, but she’s obviously a person in a cat costume, acting out cat behavior. She isn’t and never will be a real cat. She won’t land on her feet if dropped from a high place. Sad, indeed.
Did you know the
Bible says that people should be
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12).
- But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life (Romans 6:22).
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Romans 12:2).
- But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).
There’s a lot of confusion in this world. Did you know that Satan and demons can morph themselves into looking good? And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
Leaders can make wrong acts seem right.
This is what God says about them. Read carefully; it’s strong talk about topics that affect us today. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them (Romans 1:22-32).
take this passage apart, so that we’re understanding what God wants us to know.
- People who say they know it all are actually displaying their foolishness.
- The people described in this passage represented God as an image that wasn’t God—idolatry.
- When they worshipped other things, God gave them free reign to exercise their own lusts. These desires include all kinds of deviant sexual activities as well as the list of wicked acts, which includes boasting, disobedience to parents, envy, and breaking promises.
- The people who sin in these ways, deserve death. (Keep in mind, they have already rejected God.) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23).)
- It’s also a sin for others to derive vicarious pleasure from those who do these things (Hollywood films, TV, reality shows, etc.).
It shouldn’t surprise us that the world is getting worse. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived (2 Timothy 3:13).
transform hearts. A
new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I
will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart
of flesh (Ezekiel 36:26).
God can heal
hurts, and He forgets our sins. Casting
all your care upon him; for he careth for you (1 Peter
5:7). For I will be merciful to
their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no
more (Hebrews 8:12).
God can give
us joy. Jesus
said, These things
have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full
Do you need God to transform your life?
Let the Lord take it and make it beautiful. Go to Him. Jesus said, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).
If you are a born again Christian, do you have sin problems?
God can transform you, too. This verse was written to Christians: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).